We are a collective community of South Wasco County citizens with a shared vision of a vibrant and sustainable economy. Our communities are integrated and supportive of each other, with improved living standards supporting happy and healthy lives.
We have a diverse base of small industries and businesses that provide a sustainable and durable economy to support families and our diverse population.
- 10 businesses employing 10 people each within 10 years
- Businesses are compatible with the natural resources of our area.
- Natural resources are used sustainably in the creation of jobs and in the generation of sustainable power options.
Our rural communities are safe, clean, and attractive. Each embodies its unique pioneer heritage, spirit and pride, and offers visitor enjoyment and hospitality.
- Our communities thrive from shared values and shared resources and knowledge.
- Schools are strong, healthy and provide education to all age and ethnic groups.
- Communities value the voices, visions and diversity of their citizens. Citizens actively help and support one another with gratitude and harmony.
- Community facilities and parks are developed, upgraded, and enjoyed by all citizens.
Improved Living Standards
Our living environments and experiences are improved and healthy. Our living experience is continually nurtured, benefiting all residents.
- Affordable housing is available, accessible and strong.
- Stable health care and public safety services are available.
- Businesses in our communities offer sustainable living wage jobs, which attracts and retains younger families.